Saturday, February 7, 2009

Blistering heat in Sydney.....

Agh.....too hot to do anything much outside....perfect day to stay at home and play in the air conditioned comfort of my own abode. I have today removed out all blue/teal out of my lounge/dining room......................playing with cushions is a obession of mine.......I now have calming neutral tones.........but no room for a bum!





While I'm here I might show you what I created for Xmas.....which I have now kept but without the xmas theme....... now when I say "I" created........it really means my dad made for me :) We collected twigs from local trees and spray painted them .....





It's doesn't photograph very well.......or maybe it just isn't as cute as I think it is ......it especially looked cute at xmas time when I hung Chrissy decorations from it.....I promise........now I am collecting little birds and dragonflys to adorn my little tree.

Shall we keep going ??....... I'll show you where my new table is going to go when I finally make a decision.....and when credit crunch time is over..........but I think I may be waiting quite a while......it's fun looking in the meantime.

As you walk in my front door it's pretty much the first thing you see....formal lounge on right (also known as "The Sacred Room" to my children) .......stair case on left and at the end...taa daaaaa



Casual eating area...

This is the kitchen on the left............. I toy with painting the cupboard doors....but really honestly can't be bothered and would prefer to make it work instead....


Do you like my clock ???

Here is family area on the right........
Do you like my candle pillars ???
I did find a new table love in a store yesterday..........but it wasn't quite perfect.........it's out there I know it is...........and it's always fun shopping around for it.


Thanks for humoring me my little friends xxxxx

4 comments:

Maria Killam said...

Adore your clock! I agree cushions are everything in a space, it looks lovely and calm now. You have a great house, so spacious and inviting. I wouldn't paint your cabinets unless you painted the walls and that would be a big commitment! Thanks for the tour!

Michelle said...

hello Happy ! The thing is that I have just recently painted the WHOLE downstairs aghhhhh....just can't come at the rest...too much !! Thanks for your lovely comments xx

Charlie said...

Love the clock and the candleholders! I love your place. My friend just had her cabinet doors in kitchen and bathrooms painted....now her husband thinks that the countertops, sinks, fixtures and surrounding walls look shabby and need replacement. Who knew that a one day job could turn into such a big job! We have been laughing for days! Your rooms look so fresh and lovely, once your table finds its way home you might not want to change anything.

Alya said...

You have a beautiful home. I love what you did with the branches. Its a great idea even for non-Christmas decorations.